Plastic Extrusion is a manufacturing process through which plastic is melted, shaped into a continuous profile, and cut to length. This process is used in the production of a wide variety of items, including piping, wire insulation, and plastic sheeting. Even adhesive tape and window frames include extrusion as part of their manufacturing processes. Click Plastic Extrusion for a Polymer PDF one page Extrusion hand out to better understand our capabilities.
Advantages of Profile Extrusion:
- Low scrap rate
- Less purge
- Close tolerances
- Consistent melt
- Continuous process
- Stronger physical properties
- Less brittleness
- High margins
- Usage of custom color resins
- Extrusion dies are more economical than injection molds
- PVC replacement
Why Choose Polymer Resources?
- Consistent Melt flow- Having a consistent melt flow enables more effective and efficient processing
- Uniform Coloring- Using one of our custom color resins eliminates color streaking, color shifting, and manufacturing and economic inefficiencies associated with color concentrators
- Custom Formulated Melt Flows- An exact and consistent melt flow that meets your extrusion needs.
- PVC Replacement- A material without the adverse effects
PRL’s resin will give you the lowest scrap rate, exeptional process control, and therefore the greatest return on you investment.
Polymer offers a variety of extrusion material listed below:
Additives, Modifiers, and Reinforcing Agents:
Additives- UV stability, easy release (mold releases), colorants, and other stability additives
Modifiers- Flame retardants, impact modifiers, flow enhancers
Reinforcing Agents- Glass fibers, mineral filler
*Please find the data sheets under their resective resin by clicking back on the products tab for PC, PPX, ABS, and PEI*