Polymer Resources is seeking an experienced candidate for a Maintenance Supervisor position based at our Farmington, CT facility.
At Polymer Resources, we compound Engineering Thermoplastic materials that are used in both Injection Molding and Profile Extrusion applications serving Medical, Automotive, Consumer, and Industrial markets. We specialize in producing Custom Colored products, and in providing materials with specific property profiles that meet needs of our customers. We are a service company that provides specialty plastics; and as a result we have on time delivery rates greater than 99% with low returns and projected double digit growth over the next three years.
Polymer Resources is a hands-on organization where everyone makes an impact. It is a great team atmosphere where people truly support each other.
The Maintenance supervisor will direct and lead the maintenance department to maintain, repair, and upgrade all plant and facility equipment and systems in order to ensure reliable and safe operation. In addition, the incumbent will manage the preventative maintenance program to ensure timely completion and documentation.
The incumbent will interface with members of the manufacturing team, technical team, suppliers, and all levels of management. This role requires hands on technical ability along with planning skills in order to complete short term objectives and long term projects. The ideal candidate needs to be able to assess what is needed to be done to maintain existing equipment and what new equipment is required for future success.
- Supervise maintenance personnel and ensure maintenance activities are completed in a timely and safe manner.
- Hands on repair as needed of extrusion lines, pelletizers, electrical systems, building maintenance, blenders, motors, fork trucks, etc.
- Schedule repairs, preventative maintenance tasks, and installation/upgrades of equipment.
- Troubleshoot machine failures to ensure continuous production and safety of all employees.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and technical employees to improve plant reliability, efficiency, and safety.
- Document preventative maintenance (P.M.) activities and update P. M. plan as necessary.
- Manage facility and plant upgrade/new installation projects.
- Manage spare parts inventory.
- 10+ years in a maintenance position
- Good communication skills that can be applied to working with employees from multiple departments, to help solve technical problems.
- Works well with others – strong team player
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Computer skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast past, quick changing environment.
- Positive, can do attitude
- Experience servicing extrusion and injection molding equipment
- 3+ years in a supervisory role
- Machining and welding skills
- Experience troubleshooting PLCs