Polymer Resources is seeking an experienced candidate for a Product Development Engineer position based at our Farmington, CT facility.
At Polymer Resources, we compound Engineering Thermoplastic materials that are used in both Injection Molding and Profile Extrusion applications serving Medical, Automotive, Consumer, and Industrial markets. We specialize in producing Custom Colored products, and in providing materials with specific property profiles that meet needs of our customers. We are a service company that provides specialty plastics; and as a result we have on time delivery rates greater than 99% with low returns and projected double digit growth over the next three years.
Polymer Resources is a hands-on organization where everyone makes an impact. It is a great team atmosphere where people truly support each other.
The Product Development Engineer (PDE)will provide technical support to help customers process our products as well as technical support for our manufacturing organization to help efficiently produce our products. This role also helps to implement new products and new equipment at our plant. In addition, the PDE will work closely with our Sales Team in selecting suitable products for specific applications.
This individual will carry out training programs with our customers as well as internal training programs within our organization.
- Design and carry out laboratory scale compounding runs.
- Molding and testing of engineering thermoplastic formulations.
- Develop an understanding of various engineering thermoplastic formulations.
- Provide a Product Stewardship role by assisting in preparing product literature such as Property Data and Safety Data Sheets to ensure that our products comply with agency requirements.
- Provide molding technical support at customers as required to solve technical concerns and support new mold/product trials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Plastic, Materials, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years in a Plastics Product Development role.
- An understanding of polymer structure/property relationships.
- Proficiency with both Injection Molding and Extrusion.
- Great communication skills that can be applied to working with customers, both internal and external, to aid in solving technical problems as well as working with employees from multiple departments.
- Must be comfortable carrying out hands-on operations in both laboratory and manufacturing environments.
- Works well with others – strong team player.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast past environment.
- Proficient with Excel and a strong computer acumen – comfortable working with ERP systems and MS Office.
- Willing to travel to customer locations to carry out processing trials – travel estimated at 20% of time.
- Positive, can do attitude.