Polymer Resources is seeking an experienced candidate for a Maintenance Mechanic position based at our Farmington, CT facility.
At Polymer Resources, we compound Engineering Thermoplastic materials that are used in both Injection Molding and Profile Extrusion applications serving Medical, Automotive, Consumer, and Industrial markets. We specialize in producing Custom Colored products, and in providing materials with specific property profiles that meet needs of our customers. We are a service company that provides specialty plastics; and as a result we have on time delivery rates greater than 99% with low returns and projected double digit growth over the next three years.
Polymer Resources is a hands-on organization where everyone makes an impact. It is a great team atmosphere where people truly support each other.
The Maintenance Mechanic is part of plant maintenance team and reports to the maintenance lead. In this role the incumbent will perform tasks to maintain, repair, and upgrade all plant and facility equipment and systems in order to ensure reliable and safe operation. These systems include extrusion equipment, injection molding equipment, gas fired ovens, pumps, plumbing systems, fork lifts, and motors.
The incumbent will interface with members of the manufacturing team, technical team, and management. This role requires hands on technical ability along with the ability to work within deadlines.
- Troubleshoot machine failures to ensure continuous production and safety of all employees.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks, and installation/upgrades of equipment.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and technical employees to improve plant reliability, efficiency, and safety.
- Document preventative maintenance (P.M.) activities.
- 5+ years in a maintenance position
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast past, quick changing environment.
- Good communication skills that can be applied to working with employees from multiple departments, to help solve technical problems.
- Experience with 480 V, 3 phase circuits
- Basic mig welding
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Experience servicing extrusion and injection molding equipment
- Machining and welding skills
- Plumbing experience
- Experience troubleshooting PLCs
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and an excellent benefits package that includes: Medical/Vision & Dental, 401 (k) Plan/Roth Plan, Flex 125 Plan (HCR & DCR), Life Insurance, Identity Theft as well as additional available coverages.
My mission at Polymer Resources has not changed since I founded this company more than four decades ago. It includes continuing our tradition of financial stability, sustainable growth and visionary leadership that compounds success for customers, suppliers and employees. It also means proudly manufacturing our products in America, and making them available to the global marketplace.